How to Redirect Your Printer
- Login to Remote Desktop Connection Program
- Click on control panel
- Click on “View devices and printers”
- Click on “Add a printer” and select “Add a local printer”
- Make a note of the printer ports that are seen on your local system. For example, LPT1 is not visible, but COM3 is.
- Now, on your local system, go to the settings for your functioning printer (Start -> Control Panel -> Devices and Printers -> Right click printer -> Printer Properties -> Ports Tab)
- Check the tick box that says "Enable Printer Pooling."
- Check the box that your remote system is seeing (In the above example of step 5, it is COM3). Note: Make sure that your existing port remains checked (For example the IP port for the wireless router).
- Return to your remote system
- Download and install your printer’s drivers but don't select a port.
- Follow again steps 2-4 but select the port you checked in step 8 (In this case, COM3 was selected on the local system)
- Select your printer from the list.
- Click “yes” when it asks if you want to use the existing drivers
Note: Print a test page to be sure that it works.
Was this answer helpful?
You've signed up for Supreme Servers QuickBooks Hosting Platform and you're not sure where to go...
In order to have all users on your QuickBooks server working on the same company file, the file...
A welcome email titled "Welcome to Supreme Servers - Leaders in Speed & Performance" is...
To transfer files from your personal PC to the VPS follow these instructions: 1. Open Remote...
Connecting to Your VPS with the Traditional Windows Client Now you're all ready to remotely...